What is Hard Water?
Water that contains a high mineral content is considered hard water, mainly calcium and magnesium. The majority of Texans have hard water and don't even know it!
How to tell if you have Hard Water
Most noticeable signs are mineral deposits, such as scaling on your faucets and/or shower heads. Hard Water also causes spotting on glasses. You may even notice your skin or hair feels dry after you get out of the shower.
Problems Associated with Hard Water
Hard Water does not pose any health problems but here are some problems associated with hard water.
- Builds up scale deposits in all water-using appliances and clogs hot water pipes.
- Wastes soap and detergents because takes more soap to lather properly.
- Leaves unsightly soap scum rings in the bathtub.
- Leaves spots and streaks glassware and dishes.
- Makes is tougher on your skin and hair, leaves behind a residue and dries it out.
Phone: (361) 299-6260 Fax: (361) 504-4235 9233 Leopard St, Corpus Christi TX 78409
The Average hardness for Corpus Christi in July was 168 mg/l. You can read the full Corpus Christi Water Report, click button below
Scale of how Hard Water Is measured
What are the benefits of a Water Softener?
- Your hair and skin feels softer, cleaner and smoother with water treated by a water softener.
- Hard water made soft through a water softener restores the rich lathering of your soaps and shampoos, thus reducing the usage and costs of these products by 75%
- Soft water also preserves the life of all water using appliances such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, and clothing washers. A water heater protected by a water softening system will also reduce the yearly energy cost of that appliance by 22%-29%.
- With a water softener your silverware and glassware, are clean, shiny and spot free.